Looking for ways to travel without breaking the bank? We hear you! At Cosmos, we don’t think that cost should prevent you from experiencing the destinations you have been dreaming of. It’s our mission to help you get more value for your money!
Here are eight of our favorite tips and tricks to help make your vacation dollars go further:
- Join the club. Loyalty Clubs, like Cosmos’ Journeys Club, often give you access to members-only deals, exclusive itineraries and additional departure dates. At no cost to you, this is an easy way to save some extra bucks.
- Bring your friends. Or bring your family. The point is, bring a group of eight or more. Group bookings benefit from additional discounts on tour packages, hotel stays and even flights!
- Pack your walking shoes. Exploring a city by foot is one of the easiest ways to cut your costs and also one of the best ways to discover your destination. Instead of spending the extra money on taxis and trains, slip on your comfiest shoes, grab your map and hit the streets.
- Research your destination. Before you go, look up what free attractions your destination offers. Most big cities offer free walking tours, free museums and great public parks – all of which can be enjoyed without an entry fee!
- Check the weather. Sounds simple, right? A last-minute weather check can help ensure that you are packing the right type of clothing and prevent you from having to purchase an overpriced rain jacket or umbrella once you arrive.
- Forget the fancy food. Getting to taste test the local fare is one of the BEST parts of traveling. But you don’t have to fork over a lot of cash to get a great meal! One of our favorite ways to save is by going to the local market for an assortment of meats and cheeses. Creating a picnic is an inexpensive way to sample the region’s specialties.
- Avoid dining in the center of town. Restaurants situated next to major tourist attractions are typically over-priced and lower quality. If you are going to splurge on a great meal, don’t choose a restaurant based on convenience. Instead, opt for a more off-the-beaten-path places – you’ll get a more authentic experience and better food for less money!
- Skip the souvenirs. Don’t feel obligated to bring home gifts for all of your friends and family. Postcards are a fun, inexpensive alternative to knick-knacks and your loved ones are sure to be surprised receiving snail mail from so far away!
For more helpful tips, visit: