We think that Italian composer, Giuseppe Verdi, said it best when he wrote, “You may have the universe if I may have Italy.”
Can we share Italy with you, Giuseppe? There are endless reasons to love Italy – the rich history, the charm, the life-changing food, the enthusiastic people, the stunning scenery, the appreciation for life. In fact, can you think of anything not to love?
Neither could we. Here are 8 of our favorite excursions that you can experience for yourself on a Cosmos tour of Italy. We invite you to join us for a true taste of La Dolce Vita!
- Stop in Ortisei, a tiny famous village that lies at the base of the striking Dolomites
- Tour the Tuscan countryside from Lucca to Vinci (yes, hometown of Leonardo da Vinci), where you can sample the region’s finest olive oils
- Take a ferry to explore the charming island of Capri
- Enjoy a ride in a traditional Venetian Gondola past quaint piazzas and under famous arched bridges
- Cruise around the magnificent Lake Maggiore, stopping at Isola Madre, Isola Bella and Isola dei Pescatori
- Visit a local salt mine in Marsala, Sicily to learn how the product is extracted and refined
- Take a cable-car ride to the top of Mount Etna to view Europe’s largest active volcano
- Sip on the region’s finest Chiantis at the Vicchiomaggio wine estate