We all have a dream vacation, the destination that sits at the very top of our travel bucket-list. Perhaps it’s the white-washed walls of Greece, the snow-capped peaks of Switzerland, or the endless plains of Africa.
At Cosmos, we are believers in turning travel dreams into reality. To help you make it happen, here are 12 of our favorite suggestions to help you save money for your dream trip:
- Turn some of your nights out into nights in… Game night, movie night, wine night! Have each attendee bring a snack to share with the group.
- Take advantage of happy hour. It’s unrealistic to think that you won’t go out here and there, but you can be smart about when and where you go to save a few dollars.
- Open a travel credit card. You’ll rack up miles for what you do spend so you can save on flights in the future.
- SAVE those miles for long-distance trips!
- Track your spending. It might sound tedious, but watching where you are spending the most money will help you know where you can cut back a bit.
- Try meal prep! Not only is preparing your meals in advance a great way to stick to a healthy diet, but it will reduce the amount of food you are wasting and the amount of money you’re spending.
- Track the cost of flights. Apps like Hopper can help with this – they show you the ideal time to book a flight affordably.
- Travel during the off-season. Flights, hotels, food and activities will all be cheaper and the crowds will also be fewer!
- Open a savings account you cannot withdraw from. Having an account without a card that you can swipe on spontaneous purchases is a must!
- Set aside a certain amount of money per paycheck for travel. It will add up more quickly than you think!